Excited Cu Chi Tunnels a half day tour for Mr. Kernel
THE TUNNELS OF CỦ CHI (06 - 07 Hours)
The Củ Chi Tunnels are definitely worth the day trip out of Sài Gòn, to see it is better than you could ever expect having heard about them back home.
Just 70km (40 miles) northwest from downtown, the Củ Chi area lies at the end of the Hồ Chí Minh Trail and was the base from which Vietnamese guerillas used to attack Sài Gòn.
As a result, the whole area became a "free-fire zone" and was carpet-bombed in one of many American "scorched-earth" policies. But the residents of Củ Chi took their war underground, literally, developing a network of tunnels that, at its height, stretched as far as Cambodia and included meeting rooms, kitchens, and triage areas -- an effective network for waging guerilla warfare on nearby U.S. troops.
- Explore the vast network of underground tunnels used during the Việt Nam War
- Learn about life in Việt Nam during the war time and see bomb craters and tank remains
- Great value tour with hotel pick-up, entrance fees and round-trip transport included
- Small-group tour ensures a personalized experience
08:00 - 08:30
14:00 - 15:00
13:00 - 13:30
19:00 - 20:00
WHAT TO EXPECT
Your guide and driver will pick you up at your hotel and after leaving Hồ Chí Minh City, we drive about 1,5 hours through the pleasant countryside before arriving at Bến Đình tunnels, Củ Chi. We may stop along the way for refreshments and toilet.
- Upon arrival, you’ll watch a brief of propaganda video, which explains how the tunnels were used to successfully defeat American military forces in combat.
- The tour continues and the guide explains some traps that were placed in the jungles of Việt Nam to either maim American soldiers or create panic amongst the ranks.
- From here, you can enter one of the tunnel entrances and crawl through the tunnels is a real experience to imagine how people could live there for an extended period!
- There is a shooting range where you can try to fire automatic or semi-automatic weapons for a fee (this fee is not included)
- Take some rest at the end for a taste of Củ Chi boiled tapioca and thinking what humans are capable of when having to defend their home.
We drive back to Hồ Chí Minh city. At the end of your morning tour, you will have 2 options:
- Option 1: We can take you to a local restaurant in the city center, where you can enjoy a complimentary Vietnamese three-course lunch, and then make your own leisurely way back to your place.
- Option 2: We will drop you back to where we picked you up in the morning.
- Lunch option is only applied for morning tour.
- Please inform your choice to our tour-guide in advance.
- Option 1 will apply to all tour dates EXCEPT the period from February 1-10, 2019.
- Please note that timing and itinerary are subject to change without notice. However, we will do everything we reasonably can to make sure everything goes according to plan.
Special offer: $26 / person (Join small group tour –max. 12 people)
- Air-conditional minivan transfer
- Vietnamese English-speaking guide
- All admission fees
- Drinking water (01 bottle of 500ml/Person)
- Boiled tapioca and local tea
- Local taxes, fees and handling charges
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (only in District 1)
- Personal expenses
- Tips and Gratuities (recommended)
- Drinks (beer, soft drinks…)
- Travel insurance
- Confirmation will be received within 24 hours of booking, subject to availability
- We pick up guests at several hotels, please be ready at your hotel lobby, and we’ll come to your door as soon as we can.
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Only one under-five free admission per family
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
HAVE A GREAT TRIP!
CU CHI TUNNELS TOURS - BOOKING CENTER