Cu Chi a half day tour for Pierre Wassef 's couple (Sunday 17th March)
THE TUNNELS OF CU CHI (06 - 07 Hours)
08:00 - 08:30
14:00 - 15:00
13:00 - 13:30
19:00 - 20:00
The Cu Chi Tunnels are definitely worth the day trip out of Sài Gòn, to see it is better than you could ever expect having heard about them back home. Just 70km (40 miles) northwest from downtown, the Củ Chi area lies at the end of the Ho Chi Minh Trail and was the base from which Vietnamese guerillas used to attack Sai Gon. As a result, the whole area became a "free-fire zone" and was carpet-bombed in one of many American "scorched-earth" policies. But the residents of Củ Chi took their war underground, literally, developing a network of tunnels that, at its height, stretched as far as Cambodia and included meeting rooms, kitchens, and triage areas -- an effective network for waging guerilla warfare on nearby U.S. troops.
- Explore the vast network of underground tunnels used during the Việt Nam War
- Learn about life in Việt Nam during the war time and see bomb craters and tank remains
- Great value tour with hotel pick-up, entrance fees and round-trip transport included
- Small-group tour ensures a personalized experience
WHAT TO EXPECT
Your guide and driver will pick you up at your hotel and after leaving Hồ Chí Minh City, we drive about 1,5 hours through the pleasant countryside before arriving at Bến Đình tunnels, Củ Chi. We may stop along the way for refreshments and toilet.
- Upon arrival, you’ll watch a brief of propaganda video, which explains how the tunnels were used to successfully defeat American military forces in combat.
- The tour continues and the guide explains some traps that were placed in the jungles of Việt Nam to either maim American soldiers or create panic amongst the ranks.
- From here, you can enter one of the tunnel entrances and crawl through the tunnels is a real experience to imagine how people could live there for an extended period!
- There is a shooting range where you can try to fire an automatic or semi-automatic weapons for a fee (this fee is not included)
- Take some rest at the end for a taste of Củ Chi boiled tapioca and thinking what humans are capable of when having to defend their home.
- Tour end at your hotel.
The BEST PRICE for your trip is 26 USD per person based on Small Group Tour
- Air-conditional minivan transfer
- Vietnamese English-speaking guide
- All admission fees
- Drinking water (01 bottle of 500ml/Person)
- Boiled tapioca and local tea
- Local taxes, fees and handling charges
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (only in District 1)
- Personal expenses
- Tips and Gratuities (recommended)
- Drinks (beer, soft drinks…)
- Travel insurance
HAVE A GREAT TRIP!
CU CHI TUNNEL TOURS - BOOKING CENTER