1 day tour around Sai Gon: Cao Dai Temple & Cu Chi tunnels
CU CHI TUNNELS & CAO ĐAI TEMPLE (Full day)
Tay-Ninh, near the Cambodian border, is home to the unique Cao Dai sect, whose patron saints include Joan of Arc, Victor Hugo and Winston Churchill to name a few. The religion is a hybrid of Buddhism, Taoism, Confucianism and Christianity. The Cao Dai Temple at Tay-Ninh has been described as a Walt Disney fantasia of the East. The temple's exterior is decorated with multi-colored dragons of all shapes and sizes competing for space with a number of swastikas. Above the main entrance is the all-seeing holy eye, the symbol of the Cao Dai sect. The interior is just as engaging as statues of Jesus Christ, Buddha and the Hindu god, Brahma, stand side by side.
08:00 - 08:30
18:00 – 19:00
- Explore the vast network of underground tunnels used during the Việt Nam War
- Learn about life in Việt Nam during the war time and see bomb craters and tank remains
- Experience time at the holly temple.
- Small-group tour ensures a personalized experience
WHAT TO EXPECT
After we pickup all guests, we drive from 2 hours – 2,5 hours to Tay Ninh province. We will make a stop for refreshment and toilet. When arrives at Cao-Đai temple, we can walk around for having an overview of the temple and admire its beautiful architecture. After that to gain insight and information about this religion, we can go inside the building and watch the Caodaists pray.
Lunch will be served on the way from the temple to Cu Chi Tunnels. Upon arrival:
- You’ll watch a brief of propaganda video, which explains how the tunnels were used to successfully defeat American military forces in combat.
- The tour continues and the guide explains some traps that were placed in the jungles of Viet Nam to either maim American soldiers or create panic amongst the ranks.
- From here, you can enter one of the tunnel entrances and crawl through the tunnels is a real experience to imagine how people could live there for an extended period!
- There is a shooting range where you can try to fire an automatic or semi-automatic weapons for a fee (this fee is not included)
- Take some rest at the end for a taste of Cu Chi boiled tapioca and thinking what humans are capable of when having to defend their home.
We drive back to Ho Chi Minh city. Tour ends at the city center.
***Please note that timing and itinerary are subject to change without notice. However, we will do everything we reasonably can to make sure everything goes according to plan.
Price: USD 42/person (Join small Group tour)
- Air-conditional minivan transfer
- Vietnamese English-speaking guide
- All admission fees
- Drinking water (02 bottles of 500ml/Person)
- Vietnamese 5-course lunch at a local restaurant.
- Boiled tapioca and local tea
- Local taxes, fees and handling charges
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (only in District 1)
- Personal expenses
- Tips and Gratuities (recommended)
- Drinks (beer, soft drinks…)
- Travel insurance
- Minimum 2 participants for the first booking.
- This tour is not available from January 28th – February 5th, 2019.
- Confirmation will be received within 24 hours of booking, subject to availability
- We pick up guests at several hotels, please be ready at your hotel lobby, and we’ll come to your door as soon as we can.
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Only one under-five free admission per family
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
HAVE A GREAT TRIP!
CU CHI TUNNELS TOURS - BOOKING CENTER